This is a true story of a studio attempting to do wrong to an artist, and how that artist protected himself from it. The facts are all true, only the names have been changed or left out.

I have written this so that others can learn from my experience and legal events that I had to go through to make things right.

Getting Confirmed

September 28, 2009

After sending the deal memo, I said that I would not accept the booking until they confirmed the deal memo. In this case, all that is needed is for them to reply to the original email with the booking details laid out with the word: confirmed. Other words would probably work, but that's what they put.

This took 3 days and 5 emails for them to actually do. This is what started my suspicion that something just might not be right.

The booking is confirmed now. And I start work with Epilogue on October 15.